In today’s fast-paced environment, companies are expected to step up to meet consumers’ needs for information whenever and wherever they are: at the office, at home, or on the go.
Is your business prepared to deliver important documentation, on-demand?
There are many reasons to embrace web-based documentation for both customers and employees—consumers of your company’s information. Here are just five of the most compelling reasons to make the switch:
- People want easy access to information using PCs, tablets, or smartphones. They don’t want large PDFs emailed to them, and they don’t want to deal with the hassle of printed materials.
- People want to feel confident knowing that they have the most up-to-date information.
- A new website can be quickly developed and deployed—sometimes within 30 days.
- A website can support a wide variety of content types, including, but not limited to product and software collateral, warranty information, process documentation, whitepapers, FAQs, eLearning, graphics, and digital photos.
- Multiple versions of a website can be easily developed and maintained if different audiences require different content (e.g., customers vs. support personnel, users vs. developers).
- However, the thought of transitioning from static, PDF-based documentation to web-based documentation can raise questions:
- Does the content need to be changed to be web enabled?
- How should the content be organized?
- Where should files be stored for easy access?
- What should people see, and how should they navigate to what they need?When you partner with InfoPros, you benefit from the knowledge, experience, and resources InfoPros has gained from successfully supporting the diverse needs of our clients. InfoPros can customize a solution that is right for your business. Contact InfoPros today and learn more about how InfoPros can help your company embrace web-based documentation.
- InfoPros can help you answer all of those questions, and more. We have developed several methodologies that allow us to quickly develop and deploy web-based solutions that host important documentation for internal and external consumers.
Below, check out some examples of web-based documentation websites InfoPros has designed and built for our customers.
Parata partnered with InfoPros to improve the effectiveness of their existing documentation, which was primarily PDFs and printed manuals that were very costly to print. Leveraging prior experience, InfoPros developed a multi-layered website tailored to external and internal users. The website enabled Parata to reach their clients, as well as support the Parata field service and product support teams with the most accurate, up-to-date information in an intuitive, easy-to-use format.
Critigen’s Lemur division partnered with InfoPros to make its API documentation, SDK documentation, and other content readily available to developers, customers, and partners throughout its fast-paced agile development process. The company’s challenge was that it did not have a system that would address all of the needs of its audiences.
InfoPros developed a website with a mix of standard online documentation written by InfoPros technical writers and automatically-generated API documentation generated from the source code.