A Component Content Management System (CCMS) drives the most value out of your content by facilitating every step in your content lifecycle. When managed correctly, authoring, designing, reviewing, updating, translating, educating, securing, and ultimately using your high-value content all become more efficient.
A CCMS platform allows content management at the component level. A component can be any piece of the final deliverable puzzle — a single word, a series of paragraphs, an image, a video, etc. A CCMS tracks links, versions, and metadata associated with each component, giving you granular control of your content. With the power of an efficient CCMS you can:
- Reuse content instead of re-writing or copying and pasting
- Manage content as individual paragraphs and words instead of pages or documents
- Support single-sourced versioning, so there is one governing content source
- Translate and track updates to translated content
- Access multi-channel publishing into any output format or system
- …and much more!
A CCMS vastly differs from a Content Management System (CMS). A CMS tracks content as deliverables, such as documents, pages, or posts, and formatting is applied while the document is being created. With a CCMS, content is managed as pieces of documents or other media that can be used to assemble any number of deliverables.
Orbis Technologies offers the world’s only patent-protected CCMS platform coupled with content development services that regularly save our clients thousands of hours in productivity. We do this by automating tasks that formerly took several hours or even days down to a few seconds.