A Component Content Management System (CCMS) is a platform that allows content management at a component level. A component can be any piece of the final deliverable puzzle — a single word, a series of paragraphs, an image, a video, etc. A CCMS tracks links, versions, and metadata associated with each component, giving you granular control of your content. With the power of an efficient CCMS you can:
- Manage content as individual paragraphs and words instead of pages or documents
- Support single-sourced versioning, so there is one governing content source
- Access multi-channel publishing into any output format or system
- Reuse content instead of re-writing or copying and pasting
- Translate and track updates to translated content
- …and much more!
A CCMS vastly differs from a Content Management System (CMS). A CMS tracks content as deliverables, such as documents, pages, or posts, and formatting is applied while the document is being created. Within a CCMS, content is managed as pieces of documents or other media that can be used to assemble any number of deliverables.
Orbis Technologies offers the world’s only patent-protected CCMS platform coupled with content development services that regularly save our clients thousands of hours in productivity. We do this by automating tasks that formerly took several hours or even days down to a few seconds.