A Component Content Management System (CCMS) drives the most value out of your content by facilitating every step in your content lifecycle. When managed correctly, authoring, designing, reviewing, updating, translating, educating, securing, and ultimately using your high-value content all become more efficient.
A CCMS is a system that lets you manage content at the component level. A component can be a single word, a series of paragraphs, an image or a video. A CCMS tracks links, versions, and metadata associated with each component giving you granular control of your content. With the power of an efficient CCMS you can:
- Reuse content instead of re-writing or copying and pasting
- Manage content as individual paragraphs and words instead of pages or documents
- Support single-sourced versioning, so there’s one source of authority
- Translate and track updates to translated content
- Access multi-channel publishing into any output format or system
- And much more!
A CCMS vastly differs from a Content Management System (CMS). A CMS tracks content as documents, pages or posts and formatting is applied while the document is being created. With a CMS content is managed as whole documents, whereas with a CCMS it’s managed as structured content.
Orbis Technologies offers the world’s only patent-protected CCMS platform coupled with content development services that regularly save our clients thousands of hours in productivity. We do this by automating tasks which formerly took several hours or even days down to a few seconds.